My name is Lars-Christian Simonsen. I am a thirty-something man from 📍 Ski, just outside of Oslo, the capital of 🇳🇴 Norway.
I have been creating stuff online for more than twenty years. Professionally, however, I pursued a Master’s Degree in Economics and Business Administration. After graduating in 2012, I gained nearly a decade of experience in business finance, management and administration.
Then I decided to get back to my roots. I wanted to turn my passion for building and promoting online into a profession. I quit my job as a finance and administration manager, and landed a role in Product Information Management (PIM) with Coop.
Skills and experience
- Content Management Systems like WordPress and Optimizely
- Implementation and streamlining of complex ERP, CRM and HRM systems
- Front End web development HTML & CSS
- Product information management process design and data model management with InRiver
- Writing ranging from short copy to long form articles
- AI assisted content creation
- Photo and video from capture to production with tools like the Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Final Cut Pro and LumaFusion
- UI & UX work with Sketch and Figma
- Newsletters using Mailchimp and ConvertKit
- Data management with expert level knowledge of Excel
- Web analysis and tracking using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- SEO strategy and implementation utilising tools like Ahrefs and Semrush
- SEM and PPC marketing in Google Ads and Facebook Ads Manager
- Extensive project management experience.
- Knowledgeable in process management and task automation with no- and low-code solutions like Zapier and Power Automate
- Experienced in meeting management
- Skilled in defining KPIs and and creating relevant report structures
I have been blessed with an amazing family that includes a wife and two beautiful kids ages 5 and 2. They are my world. Everything I do, I do for them, and the one we lost.
🏃♂️ Long distance running
I still manage to run every day, sometimes twice. The marathon is my Sisyphean mountain. I’m also a fan of track and field and road racing, and follow the sport. Locally and globally.
📚 Fantasy novels
There’s nothing quite like disappearing into a world where anything can happen. My favourite authors include Joe Abercrombie, Brandon Sanderson and Neil Gaiman.
I am always fidgeting with one project or another. To learn something, hone my skills, or sometimes simply to pass time.
Description: I created this website to explore my passion for running. It started out as a simple blog. Nowadays, it is an extensive resource on running training. And the weekly newsletter goes out to more than a thousand runners every week. The concept is always evolving in tune with my desire to learn and explore.
Stack: WordPress, Convertkit