My name is Lars-Christian Simonsen. I am a thirty-something man from Ski, just outside of Oslo, the capital of Norway.
I have been creating stuff online for more than twenty years. Professionally, however, I pursued a Master’s Degree in Economics and Business Administration. After graduating in 2012, I gained nearly a decade of experience in business finance, management and administration.
Then I decided to get back to my roots. I wanted to turn my passion for building and promoting online into a profession. I transitioned out of my job as a finance and administration manager, and into a digital communication and marketing role.
Shortly after deciding, I serendipitously landed a role with Coop. Here I work with product information and product experience. It’s awesome!
Skills and Experience
- Content Management Systems like WordPress and Episerver
- Implementation and streamlining of complex ERP, CRM and HRM systems
- Front End web development HTML & CSS
- Writing ranging from short copy to long form articles
- Photo and video from capture to production with tools like the Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Final Cut Pro and LumaFusion
- UI & UX work with Sketch and Figma
- Newsletters using Mailchimp and ConvertKit
- Data management with expert level knowledge of Excel
- Web analysis and tracking using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- SEO strategy and implementation utilising tools like Ahrefs and Semrush
- SEM and PPC marketing in Google Ads and Facebook Ads Manager
- Extensive project management experience
- Knowledgable in process management and task automation
- Experienced in meeting management
- Skilled in defining KPIs and creating relevant report structures
I have been blessed with an amazing family that includes a wife, a two year old, a dog, and another kid on the way. They are my world. Everything I do, I do for them, and the one we lost.
🏃♂️ Long distance running
I still manage to run every day, sometimes twice. The marathon is my Sisyphean mountain. I’m also a fan of track and field and road racing, and follow the sport. Locally and globally.
📚 Fantasy novels
There’s nothing quite like disappearing into a world where anything can happen. My favourite authors include Joe Abercrombie, Neil Gaiman and Patrick Rothfuss.
I am always fidgeting with one project or another. To learn something, hone my skills, or sometimes simply to pass time.
Description: I created this website to explore my passion for running. It started out as a simple blog. Nowadays, it is an extensive resource on running training, and a community for runners everywhere. The weekly newsletter goes out to hundreds of runners every Monday morning. The concept is always evolving in tune with my desire to learn and explore.
Stack: WordPress, Discourse, Mailchimp